Excitement has been in the air in Chile recently. Why? Semana Santa! No he doesn't bring the easter baskets to chileno children; Semana Santa is the Spanish name for Easter week. Easter day is actually called Pascua. With many of my students having Friday off (including myself), I could sense everyone leaning toward Friday throughout the week. And so it has come and (almost) gone. First I'll briefly update you on the past week. And I hope to have a post up early this week (with pictures) from the fantastic weekend.
Random Going ons:
Last week there was a volcano eruption---in the South. While the population in Santiago didn't seem to notice, my caring mother certainly did, as I was called and quickly questioned on my safety.
There were also some earthquake tremors in Santiago, though I was still cavorting with the Sandman and didn't feel a thing (both days). I suppose beauty (the Andes) comes with a price. But don't worry. Anything could happen to any one of us at any moment. I'm not going to worry about it.
I got another roommate. This time she's a Chilean, and she works in a bank.
This past Sunday Santiago held a marathon. Any guesses as to which country was proudly represented by the winner? Kenya of course! I got in a lengthy run to the mountains last Saturday night. It was a good run. I simply ran on my street the whole way toward the Andes until it began to get dark.
Okay, pictures are coming soon!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment