If you've known me for more than a week or have been a consistent reader of this blog, you know I have much love for the many good things in Korea. I haven't criticized the country and its people too much. But here goes...
There are two types of music in Korea: traditional Korean and Korean pop. I think my title is a good approximation of both sides of the music scene here. It cannot come from anywhere good. Though I was being prepared a little bit during this past summer when I worked for FLS (and heard Chinese pop music), I'm slightly worried about Korean music's long-term affect on my music taste. It's mainly poppy to the extreme. Even worse is the traditional music. I often hear this across the street where (I believe the elderly) bang drums and chant/sing. It's always fun to wake up to that. To anyone worried about my musical taste--send me some links to good music on youtube or something!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment